John P. Calamos, Sr. founded Calamos Investments, the parent company of Calamos Wealth Management (CWM), in 1977. For more than 45 years, Calamos Investments has provided global advisory and wealth management services to institutions and select individuals and families. Calamos Investments’ unique investment approach combines a global traditional asset allocation framework and, depending upon the needs and goals of a client, access to a suite of liquid and private alternative investments. The guiding investment philosophy for CWM is the belief that the key to consistent, long-term success depends on achieving an optimal balance between return and managing risk.
Our clients receive the same thoughtful, informed and risk-aware guidance that has established Calamos Investments, globally, as a leader in alternative investment strategies.
Through Calamos Wealth Management, we are able to apply the investment principles of the iconic investor, John P. Calamos, Sr. to the financial futures of individuals, families and foundations.
Calamos Investments Overview
- $35.1 billion AUM*
- 329 employees firmwide*
- 83 Investment Professionals firmwide*
- Dedicated investment management team for wealth management clients
Deep Investment Experience
- One of the top 3 liquid alternative asset managers in the world
- Recognized as the industry pioneer in harnessing convertible securities as a means to potentially mitigate portfolio risk
- Dedicated investment teams across all asset classes
- Global research capabilities with access to specialized private and public markets