An elevated level of trust services and family office resources
Building A Strong Foundation
Calamos Trust Services provides trust solutions for clients whose financial, family office or business needs require the services of a professional fiduciary. We can build a strong foundation of trustee solutions designed to help clients protect their wealth and gain confidence around the future of their estates.
A collaborative approach to develop a complete solution:
- Selected by client
- Works with the client directly to recommend and establish the appropriate trust
- Prepares document appointing corporate trustee, co-trustee or agent for trustee in addition to investment advisor
- Ensures safekeeping of all trust assets
- Performs trust administration duties as outlined in the trust document such as distributions, statement production, tax reporting and bill paying
- Provides principal and income trust accounting
- Oversees the client/investment advisor/trustee relationship
- Manages the investments in accordance with the trust document while developing and employing tax and estate planning strategies
Why Consider an Agent For Trustee Relationship?
The administrative aspect of serving as trustee of a trust is time-consuming and challenging. Trustees must ensure that all administration, accounting and other oversight matters are in compliance with jurisdiction regulatory standards and in keeping with the intent of the trust. It can pose a burden and potential liability to those appointed as trustee – such as a family member, attorney or close friend. That is why having a trust company act as the Agent for Trustee is an option many individuals are employing as part of their overall trust solution.
By appointing an Agent for Trustee, the owner of the Trust (or the individual appointed as trustee) retains fiduciary responsibility, while the agent provides asset custody, customized financial reporting, tax reporting and trust officer support. Calamos Wealth Management continues to work directly with the client to manage trust assets in accordance with stated financial goals, objectives, timeline and tolerance for risk.
Locally Managed Trust Service
Calamos Trust Services delivers a comprehensive, locally- managed trust services solution. In-person meetings with Calamos Trust Services representatives combine with the resources of a federally chartered trust company to provide comprehensive solutions and peace of mind to clients.
- Revocable Trusts
- Charitable Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Institutional Trusts
- Agent for Trustees
- Securities safekeeping
- Income collection from securities
- Settlement of securities trades as directed
- Payment of funds when directed
- Timely statement delivery
- Custody for alternative investments
- Lending Solutions (Secured by Marketable Securities)
- Non-Purpose Lines of Credit
- Non-Purpose Term Loans (1-5 year fixed rates)
- Letters of Credit
- Deposit Solutions
- Checking and Money Market Accounts
- Certificates of Deposit
- Online Banking and Bill Payment
- IRAs: custodian or trustee
- Defined Benefit Plans
- 401 (k): daily valuation platform
- Defined Contribution Plans
- Roth 401 (k) feature within a 401 (k) plan
To learn more about working with Calamos Trust Services, contact:
- Calamos Trust Services
- 2020 Calamos Ct.
- Naperville, IL 60563
- Ph. 1-888-857-7604